Ottley Smiles is a place for your whole family. We love to help everyone from toddlers to grandparents have healthy, beautiful teeth. Our pediatric dentist, Dr. Karina Ottley, is especially experienced in helping children feel safe and excited about going to the dentist.
Our main goal is to keep your family members healthy—in every way. If we can keep you and your children from developing cavities and other dental problems, your whole body can actually be healthier.
- Stop infections from spreading.
- Help you chew better, which gets you vital nutrition.
- Get rid of dental pain.
- Help teeth grow in correctly.
- Stop migraines.
- Raise self-esteem.
- Much more.
Make an appointment for caring pediatric and family dentistry today. Dr. Karina will take good care of your little ones, and we’ll all serve any member of your family.
What Family Dentistry Services Do We Have?
We practice family dentistry services first to prevent dental problems from developing. The more often your children hear, “Your teeth look great—good job!” the happier they’ll be with dentistry. They’ll be more likely to build healthy habits of brushing, flossing, and eating right.
Working with children takes a gentle manner and almost a secret language. Dr. Karina Ottley makes dental devices seem friendlier and explains procedures before they happen. She even uses smaller-than-usual needles!
You can also bring your child in before an appointment to meet the doctor and our friendly staff. We’ll give you a tour to get your child comfortable and to make our office more familiar.
Our services for your little one (or any family member) include:
- Exams: Dr. Ottley will thoroughly assess the health and development of your children’s teeth while keeping them comfortable. For adults, we check for periodontal disease and other common oral health problems.
- Quick Cleaning: We complete cleanings quickly on wiggly children! Your own cleaning will give you a new confidence as you leave our office with shiny teeth.
- Extractions: Kids sometimes need extractions as their adult teeth are growing in. If you have been struggling with injury or decay, you may need one, too. We make extractions quick and easy as well as comfortable!
- Prevention: It’s very important to keep your children safe, and that’s why we offer dental sealants, plaque prevention techniques, fluoride treatments, and other preventative measures.
- Infant Care: Dr. Karina can see your baby as soon as teeth begin erupting! Dental care can help prevent cavities at any age!
This is just a sample of services we can offer to improve your family’s health. There is so much more we can do for you!
We are a KOIS-certified dental office. KOIS trained dentists make an extra commitment to dental excellence in their treatments, in their education, and in their everyday lives.
What does that mean for us? Increased education, high-level training, and a real focus on taking care of the whole you.
What does that mean for you? Top-quality dental treatment, individualized care, and a dental family that you can always count on.
When you step into our office, you can be confident in our ability to provide you and your family with the quality dental care you deserve.
If your little one—even an infant—has a lip or tongue that isn’t moving well, he or she might need a frenectomy. A frenum (a bit of tissue) could be holding the tongue or lip too tightly.
Amazingly, a laser can cut the frenum painlessly! This is very important for children or infants who are not used to the dentist yet. We don’t want to cause your little ones any pain. The laser releases the tongue or lip in moments and stimulates quick healing.
If you see a tongue or lip that seems locked in place, let us know right away. Dr. Karina may release it fast with our soft-tissue laser.
Call Dr. Karina Ottley for Family Dentistry
If you’re looking for an experienced family dentist in the Navarre area, please call Ottley Smiles today. Our family of dentists is ready to take care of your family’s needs today!